toll free at 1-866-410-8367
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is one of the main forms of treatment in traditional Chinese medicine. It involves the use of sharp, thin needles that are inserted in the body at very specific points. This process is believed to adjust and alter the body’s energy flow into healthier patterns, and is used to treat a wide variety of illnesses and health conditions.
What do we Treat with Acupuncture?
The World Health Organization recognizes the use of acupuncture in the treatment of a wide range of problems, some of which are included in the list below. Our Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, Tom Kiroplis can treat all of these conditions. All of our Registered Physiotherapists are also trained in Acupuncture to treat musculoskeletal conditions. Tom and his team have also taught Acupuncture to other health care professionals across Ontario since 2011 and in other provinces since 2017.
Muscular and neurological disorders
- facial tics,
- neck pain,
- rib neuritis,
- frozen shoulder,
- tennis elbow,
- various forms of tendonitis,
- low back pain,
- sciatica, and
- rotator cuff issues
- knee pain
- ankle sprains
- plantar fasciitis
- shin splints
- bell’s palsy
- post stroke
- spastic colon,
- constipation, and
- sore throat,
- asthma, and
- recurrent chest infections.
- dermatological conditions
- menstrual, and
- reproductive problems. (acupuncture can increase fertility by reducing stress, increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs and balancing the endocrine system)
Book your acupuncture consultation with our expert today!
- Diploma of Acupuncture – Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1997.
- Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2000.
- Vice President of the Ontario Acupuncture Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1998 for several terms.
- Licensed acupuncture practitioner in Ontario.
- Working experience at the Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China, 1997.
- Masters of Science Administration – Niagara University, 1997.
- Bachelors of Education – University of Toronto, 1991.
- Bachelors of Arts – Physical Education – Brock University, 1989.
- Instructor of Acupuncture and Dry Needling for Meridian Health Education and Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute since 2011.